The Bathurst AH & P Association’s objectives are -
- to encourage the development of the agricultural, horticultural and pastoral industries,
- to encourage the improvement of livestock,
- to promote competition in the fields of agriculture, horticulture and livestock production, and
- to educate people in general about the agricultural, horticultural and pastoral industries and without limiting the foregoing to educate persons involved in the said industries as to techniques, implements and machinery available for use therein.
To achieve these objects the Assocation will -
- conduct exhibitions,
- award prizes for superiority in animals, produce, horticulutre, arts, crafts, manufacture, machinery, farm implements, skill in equestrian events and such other categories or rural expertise as may from time to time be approved, and
- promote, encourage and participate in correspondence and friendly communication with kindred organisations.